National Professional Qualifications
LSTSH: NPQ DfE portal now open!
We are pleased to let you know that the DfE portal is now open. Before you complete your application you need to register on the Dfe Portal.
The link to the DfE portal can be found here: https://register-national-professional-qualifications.education.gov.uk/
Once you have done this, you will be sent a link to an application form from the Teacher Development Trust.
Please make sure:
You have your TRN number to hand. If you are not sure what this is, guidance can be found here.
We would recommend that you use a work email address when registering for the programme as emails can often go into the junk mail of personal email addresses.
Your Lead Provider is the Teacher Development Trust
Please complete this stage at your earliest convenience.
You can find our step-by-step guide to registering for a qualification here:
Deciding which NPQ is right for you
Please see the below information, taken from the Content Frameworks produced by Department for Education, which you may find useful in deciding which NPQ is the right choice for you:
- National Professional Qualification for Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD) – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school. They may have responsibilities for the development of all teachers across a school or specifically trainees or teachers who are early in their career.
- National Professional Qualification for Leading Behaviour and Culture (NPQLBC) – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school.
- National Professional Qualification for Leading Teaching (NPQLT) – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage or phase.
- National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities.
- National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a head teacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
- National Professional Qualification for Leading Literacy (NPQLL) - for those who are leading literacy programmes across a school or trust, or who are aspiring to such roles in the near future.
- National Professional Qualification for Early Years Leadership (NPQEYL) - for those who are leaders in an early years setting qualified to at least Level 3 who are, or are aspiring to be, managers of Private, Voluntary and Independent nurseries, headteachers of school-based or maintained nurseries, or childminders with leadership responsibilities.