The National Professional Qualification for Headship
The National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) is a course accredited by the Department of Education (DfE).
The Lambeth Teaching Schools’ Alliance will be running a local offer in collaboration with Bristol Primary TSA (a designated DfE licensed provider for NPQH), to deliver a new and innovative cross phase leadership programme.
Who is it aimed at?
This programme is aimed at colleagues from early years, primary, secondary and special settings who are, or are aspiring to become a headteacher, head of school or principal with responsibility for leading a school.
The NPQH programme takes around 12-15 months to complete and involves:
- 7 full day face to face core training sessions
- Minimum of 2 elective module (½ day each)
- At least a 9 day placement in a contrasting school to plan and implement whole school improvement project
- Self-directed professional reading and individual leadership profiling
- Support from a professional coach
- 2 half days preparation for assessment and presentation
During the programme delegates will develop their 7 leadership behaviours;commitment, integrity, collaboration, personal drive, awareness, respect and resilience.
In addition, delegates complete and collect evidence against 6 areas of study; leading with impact, increasing capability, working in partnership, strategy and improvement, teaching and curriculum excellence and managing resources and risk.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 31st January 2020
28/02/20, 27/03/20, 24/04/20, 15/05/20, 12/06/20, 26/06/20, 18/09/20
9.15- 4.15pm (Registration & refreshments 9.00am)
Aurora House, 22 Kennington Park Gardens, London, SE11 4AX